Monday, August 9, 2010

Finally time at the beach with Daddy

Today we were finally able to make a trip out to the beach.  The kids had a great time really using their boogie boards.  Hiram really had them going all the way into the beach.

Here  is Meridith after really catching a good wave! And a good mouthful of yucky salt water!

Davin also had a lot of fun but when he got tired he loved the goldfish and just "chillin' " in the sun!
The girls had a great time feeding the seagulls and building sand castles.  

We had a great time today and hopefully we can get a few more trips to the beach before the craziness of pre deployment begins.

We have a big couple of weeks ahead of us with grandparents coming this week, Meridith's baptism on Sunday, and Hiram's deployment that is quickly approaching.  We hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Couldn't reply to you in your email so had to pop over here to answer your comment. I had a lot of luck with the Semper Feet project. Once my husband died though it got put to the wayside and I never ended up sending them to his unit, instead they went out with the unit that replaced him. I had the entire bed of our pick up filled with socks and wipes though, so I'd say for just starting it, it was a huge success. I still have people ask me about it but we have just been so busy I haven't been able to get back on track with it. I know Jonny was super excited about it when I first told him so I think it's something that they all appreciate. As far as using the button, go for it. People are still asking me about it but it'd be much easier on me these days if people started their own drives and sent them, I will start it again one day but once things settle down a bit. I do encourage anyone that uses my original design and name to do it in my husband's name/honor because that's what I originally started the project for, but of course I can't make anyone do anything.

    Also, super cute photos, you have got a gorgeous family! :)

    ReplyDelete