Monday, October 26, 2009

Washington D.C.

We recently took a trip up to Washington D.C. with my parents.  We took them to some of our favorite places that we use to visit when we lived up there.

Our first stop was the Marine Corps Museum.  The museum takes you through the course of bootcamp, starting from when the recruits get off of the bus.  My kids loved the pull up bar and they all had to try it out.

From the museum we headed to Arlington National Cemetary.

 The Statue of Iwo Jima   (this is the only picture I have from there) She is not the statue.

Then we finished the evening off at the Washington D.C. Temple


On Tuesday morning I woke up to a very cold shower and I wasn't excited.  (You never pay to stay in a hotel with cold water...even at a Military Base)!  I should have complained to more than my parents and Hiram I guess!

We decided to spend the whole day walking the National Mall.  I wanted my dad to see it all.  I am so sorry that we had to do it all in one day. 

We started at the Washington Monument

Then we went to the world war II site.







We had to stop for ice cream before we got to the Lincoln Memorial.  Mom and Dad, do you remember why we were laughing so much?! (Look at that couple, do you think they were married?) Does that bring back anything?!


Making the hike to the Lincoln Memorial


"Oh, look there is one more USMC emblem, let's take another picture!"



It was such a fun trip and we had a great time spending it with our family!  We are so glad you came "home" to visit us Grandpa and Grandma.  We love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment